Te Kāhui o Taranaki
Me tōngai harakeke
He taiao, he taiora, he tai tangata
We are seeking a person who loves the outdoors and is dedicated to the protection and preservation of te taiao to join our Taiao team as a Kaitiaki Ranger Cadet.
The Kaitiaki Ranger cadet will be mentored by our Kaitiaki Ranger, whose key focus is to preserve, protect, administer, manage and maintain our various sites of significance. The mahi involves a broad and varied range of practical field work.
This cadetship will provide work based training, education, practical skills and personal development in the care and management of te taiao.
We are looking for a motivated team member who has:
- A connection to Taranaki Iwi
- An interest and involvement in the natural environment
- A positive attitude and a willingness to develop new skills
- Appropriate level of fitness to perform field work
This is one of four roles provided by our Jobs for Nature project “He Taiao, he taiora, he tai tangata”.
The purpose of “He taiao, he taiora, he tai tangata” is to:
- enhance and protect the wellbeing of our taiao.
- nurture a strong connection between uri and our whenua, maunga and awa.
- leveraging our understanding of our taiao to transform whānau wellbeing.
- grow Iwi capacity and capability across the conservation sector.
- facilitate the active engagement of marae pā, hapū, whānau and uri in the role of Kaitiaki.
The role is 30 hours per week for a fixed term period of 3 years.
Apply by submitting your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close: 21 January 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.