Te Kāhui o Taranaki
Me tōngai harakeke
He taiao, he taiora, he tai tangata!
We are seeking a well organised person who loves the outdoors and is dedicated to the protection and preservation of te taiao to join our Taiao team as the Programme Coordinator for our He taiao, he taiora, he tai tangata project.
This role will develop locally-based curriculum, facilitate wānanga, coordinate resources and deliver the programme to whānau, schools and local community groups.
The Programme Coordinator will be responsible for completing the reporting requirements for Jobs for Nature and the He taiao, he taiora, he tai tangata project and will assist our Kaitiaki ranger with the day to day coordination of resource and workforce.
We are looking for a motivated team member who has:
- Amazing organisational skills
- The ability to develop and deliver a mātauranga Māori-based environment education programme.
- A connection to Taranaki Iwi
- Strong administrative and people skills
This is one of four roles provided by our Jobs for Nature project “He Taiao, he taiora, he tai tangata”.
The purpose of “He taiao, he taiora, he tai tangata” is to:
- enhance and protect the wellbeing of our taiao.
- nurture a strong connection between uri and our whenua, maunga and awa.
- leveraging our understanding of our taiao to transform whānau wellbeing.
- grow Iwi capacity and capability across the conservation sector.
- facilitate the active engagement of marae pā, hapū, whānau and uri in the role of Kaitiaki.
The role is 40 hours per week for a fixed term period of 3 years.
Apply by submitting your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close: 21 January 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.