Website Te Kāhui o Taranaki Iwi
Me Tōngai Harakeke
- Highly varied role; no two days are the same!
- Operate across all levels of the Trust
- Join a welcoming Iwi team
The Te Kāhui o Taranaki Iwi currently has an opportunity for a highly efficient and personable Financial Controller to join their team.
The Financial Controller is responsible for ensuring the financial systems across all entities of Te Kāhui o Taranaki Iwi are managed and implemented in an effective and efficient manner.
Daily duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Being accountable for financial budgeting, compliance and reporting requirements
- Responsibility for monitoring financial performance
- Cash flow management
- Payroll, accounts payable and receivable
- Securing funding and monitoring of actions
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, in both English and Māori
- A comprehensive financial background, including all facets of generalist financial management, reporting, modelling, analysis and forecasting is essential
- Experience in the financial management of large budgets
- Proficiency in Xero, Google docs and the Microsoft Suite
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team
- Able to work comfortably in an Iwi environment where te reo is spoken and be guided by tikanga
- Available 30 hours a week, between the hours of 9am – 3pm
A competitive salary will be offered to the successful candidate. If you are a numbers guru, respond well under pressure and can fit into an iwi organisation please forward your written application by 8th March 2018 to Waiora Ashby-Hohaia at email@example.com